Mat for under skimmer

May 18, 2017
Connecticut
Hi all....new to the group here. Question.....I have a newly installed 15' round and I've yet to put gravel around the outside of it yet, but we went in it for the first time today and the water was splashing out of the topside of the skimmer and made a big wet mud pile on the ground. Do they make some type of material to put down first? I'm worried it will undermine the pool.
Thanks
Rich

I got this one! HI and welcome to TFP!

I had the same problem AND worried about when (notice I did not say if) the pool overflowed due to rain. What I did was dig down about 3 inches and put in gravel under the skimmer AND return area. I went over and out quite a bit to make sure it was all safe. I then put stepping stones on top the gravel with a slight slope AWAY from the pool. I put them right by but not touching the walls. This has worked great for me!

Kim:kim:

I got this one! HI and welcome to TFP!

I had the same problem AND worried about when (notice I did not say if) the pool overflowed due to rain. What I did was dig down about 3 inches and put in gravel under the skimmer AND return area. I went over and out quite a bit to make sure it was all safe. I then put stepping stones on top the gravel with a slight slope AWAY from the pool. I put them right by but not touching the walls. This has worked great for me!

Kim:kim:

Thank you Kim: Great idea!!!!

I used some old bricks 3/4 of the way around the pool. I made a little bricked area next to my skimmer so I have a dry spot to stand on when I'm messing with the pool.

Sand will help it drain better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.