MasterTemp Pentair heater not working

a_r_m_099

Apr 19, 2021
Texas
Hello, we ran our heater for a week through the recent Texas freeze. After this, the heater stopped working. It used to be turning on at least but then a pool company came to diagnose and after this the unit is not turning on at all. Any help would be truly greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Please create your signature with details of your pool and equipment.

I suggest you open up the heater and disconnect the 2 wire cable between the ET and the MasterTemp to restore the heater to local control. That way we determine if the problem is the heater or your ET system.

Find your "firemans switch" connection and post a pic of it...

Pentair_MasterTemp_Firemans_Switch.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Disconnect the two grey wire nuts and separate the cable from the wires on the heater.

Twist the two wires on the heater together and put a wire nut on it.

Turn on your pump, press POOL or SPA on the heater control panel, and see if the heater control panel lights up.

I think I got it: untwist the red and black from the yellow and twist red and black together.
Nope, the yellow wires connect to the heater. Twist then together and put a wire nut on it.

The red and black are on the cable. Leave them loose and to the side.

Did the heater generate heat while in local control?

Was your pump running when that pic was taken?

Once you have the Service lights on you need to press OFF then POOL or SPA to reset the heater.

I pushed the ‘filter pump’ button on the Easytouch panel so the pump was on.
The buttons on the heater control itself are not responsive. Because of this, I cannot press the ‘off’ and then ‘pool’ buttons to reset. There was no exhaust coming from the heater while in local control.

Put the heater back in local control. It is easier to work on one problem at a time.

Once we see your heater runs under local control we can figure out what is going on with the ET control.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.