Albany, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
I’m looking to install a heater for my 24’ AGP. I’d use it mainly at the beginning of the season and at the end. I like the pool water above 80. One plumber wants to use a mastertemp pentair 125. I was thinking of the Raypak 156. Anyone have experience with the mastertemp? Thanks!

Given that you're in NY and that AGP will lose a lot of heat in the fringe seasons, I'd be looking at something at least 250k BTU rating or even bigger. Remember, if it's larger it just won't have to run as long, but if it's on the small side it may never heat the water to your desired temp, or it may take several days to get it up to temp.

As for Pentair / Raypak. I like the Raypak more, but either should work fine.

Given that you're in NY and that AGP will lose a lot of heat in the fringe seasons, I'd be looking at something at least 250k BTU rating or even bigger. Remember, if it's larger it just won't have to run as long, but if it's on the small side it may never heat the water to your desired temp, or it may take several days to get it up to temp.

As for Pentair / Raypak. I like the Raypak more, but either should work fine.

Thank you. I just don’t know if that size heater fits into the budget right now. I’m looking to get about a 5 degree increase in temp on weekends at the beginning and end of the season. If the one suggested by the plumber wouldn’t work, then I’d rather wait and get a larger heater later. Thanks for your feedback!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.