Mastertemp 400 not powering on

mikeybunes

Jun 23, 2022
Rochester, NY
Hi all, Im new to the pool/spa world and I got screwed over by my installer who essentially only set up the pump and I have been using this forum and YT to program my whole pool.

I have a mastertemp heater with an easytouch 8 system. I'm trying to set up my firemans switch and when I connect from the jump I lose power to the heater. No lights or activity on control board. When I reconnect the jump I can fire up the heater and control it manually from the heater control board.

Any idea on why when I connect the firemans switch I lose power on the circuit and what fixes do I have. Thanks so much!

Welcome to TFP.

I don’t think anything is wrong.

When the ET calls for heat it will close the relay and fireman’s switch and the heater will light up and turn on.

Set the MasterTemp to Spa mode and 104 on its control panel.

When no heat is called for the fireman’s switch is open cutting the 24V in the heater and the heater is dark.

Okay so do I program the master temp to 104 then connect the fireman’s switch?
You can do that or turn heat on your EasyTouch and the heater will turn on and you can then make changes on the heater control panel.

Got it. It’s working for the spa portion. Thank you!

Do I do the same thing if I want to the heat pool so that it will switch over when I move the valve positioning?
You heat both the pool and spa with the heater in spa setting. Nothing needs to be switched over.

So because the control board is calling for heat at 75 degrees but the current water temp is 84 the heater won’t kick on?

I just want to confirm because I tried to set it to 90 and I didn’t get any response from the heater as I wanted to test to make sure it would work.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    327.9 KB · Views: 3
So because the control board is calling for heat at 75 degrees but the current water temp is 84 the heater won’t kick on?

Yes.

I just want to confirm because I tried to set it to 90 and I didn’t get any response from the heater as I wanted to test to make sure it would work.

Heater needs to be enabled for POOL mode and heat set point greater then water temperature for heater to turn on.

Is the heater enabled for the pool?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.