Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital PPC1 (RC-35)
Hello all,

My MT 400 is controlled a Pentair Intellicenter controller and IS 4 spa side remote. The system 2007 vintage. When the spa activates the MT 400 on timer schedule from the IC it functions as normal (valves rotate and heater fires and runs the scheduled program)

When i try to turn the spa on from the spa-side remote while in pool mode the MT 400 attempts to fire (blower runs and no combustion generating a service heater light.
Starting points dor potential solutions to my problem.

Your MT 400 is controlled by your IntelliCenter period.

Your spa side remote is one of a few ways you direct your IntelliCenter to turn on the spa. It should make no difference to the MT 400 where the IntelliCenter got its orders from.

What happens if you select SPA from the Outdoor Control Panel (OCP)?

Post pics of your equipment pad.

Post pics of the timer schedule for your spa that works.

Your post says IntelliCenter and your signature says IntelliTouch. Which system do you have?

No pump is listed in your signature. What do you have?

Last edited:
Your MT 400 is controlled by your IntelliCenter period.

Your spa side remote is one of a few ways you direct your IntelliCenter to turn on the spa. It should make no difference to the MT 400 where the IntelliCenter got its orders from.

What happens if you select SPA from the Outdoor Control Panel (OCP)?

Post pics of your equipment pad.

Post pics of the timer schedule for your spa that works.

Your subject line says IntelliCenter and your signature says IntelliTouch. Which system do you have?

No pump is listed in your signature. What do you have?
Sorry for the confusion. Intellitouch controller. The OCP activates spa operation as directed (supply and return valves operate correctly) and heater works when choosing spa over normal pool operation. Currently a Hayward Tristar pump.

The pump speed is sufficient when controlled by the OCP or the programed schedule.

Spa side control- the other 3 buttons operate correctly. The spa button correctly activates the valves but the heater wont fire after trying to ignite with heating orange light flashing then red service heater light comes on.

Attachments

• 495E203C-94C1-4210-9050-3AD55E2FBB95.jpeg
    495E203C-94C1-4210-9050-3AD55E2FBB95.jpeg
    275.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 28054833-B925-4647-BA4B-8FA45B8F77C4.jpeg
    28054833-B925-4647-BA4B-8FA45B8F77C4.jpeg
    647 KB · Views: 4
  • 38AC0CF6-B7C3-47BA-8F8B-6507AF088637.jpeg
    38AC0CF6-B7C3-47BA-8F8B-6507AF088637.jpeg
    714.3 KB · Views: 4
  • BF9C032F-4C7E-465F-93D5-E42D81700467.jpeg
    BF9C032F-4C7E-465F-93D5-E42D81700467.jpeg
    595.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 2EDD6A02-C10D-4753-A12F-A1520C1349DA.jpeg
    2EDD6A02-C10D-4753-A12F-A1520C1349DA.jpeg
    692.6 KB · Views: 4
I still don't see where pushing the button on the spa side remote is any different then on the OCP.

@ogdento understands the Intellitouch operation. Maybe he will see something.

No joy, all the parameters were correctly set per the manual. The spa button on the spa side control initiates the heating sequence even asking the heater to fire. The heater goes thru the prefire sequence of blower and then the clicking of the igniter without ever firing off.

As previously stated the OCP and weekly schedule properly engage the heater.

Given that the intellitouch only activated the mastertemp via fireman's switch (which is nothing more than a relay enabling completion of a circuit) this sounds like a heater problem that by chance you only observe while using the spa side remote. Are there error codes displaying on the mastertemp?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No error codes except service heater ref light when it doesn't fire off from the IS 4 remote
Unless I'm missing something, the fact that the mastertemp is even coming on says that everything the intellitouch and is4 are responsible for (initiating the valve response and closing the loop on the fireman's switch) is being done. Which leaves it as a mastertemp error having nothing to do with the other two.
Have you opened the Mt to see of the diagnostic leds are flashing at all?

Unless I'm missing something, the fact that the mastertemp is even coming on says that everything the intellitouch and is4 are responsible for (initiating the valve response and closing the loop on the fireman's switch) is being done. Which leaves it as a mastertemp error having nothing to do with the other two.
Have you opened the Mt to see of the diagnostic leds are flashing at all?
After checking again this morning. First using the OCP to turn on the spa and noting valve rotation and heater firing sequence the spa functioned normally

I then returned the pool to pool operation on the OCP i waited 10 minutes and then tried the spa side control and repeated my observation of valve rotation and heater firing sequence this time the heater fired as it should.

Apparently i have an intermittent issue or it was a one off. I’ll monitor and report back if the issue returns. I do appreciate all the responses, gremlins are frustrating. Have a Memorial Day!! Thank you

Lol, gremlins are there just to add a bit of excitement to life 😜. I would open up the heater when you have a moment and check for any damaged wires.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.