Mastertemp 300 e01 Code

JackDaniels07

May 16, 2020
Northeast
Every year it seems like it's something. I just got around to opening the pool for the season try to fire up the heater and it's not starting at all and throwing an E01 code. I hooked up my multimeter, registering 17 or so on the 20k ohm setting (i believe I have this right - I'm no expert!). The manifold, thermister, high limit switch, and automatic gas shut-off are new. Am I looking at a new board? I'd appreciate any help on what to try next.

Thanks.

I hooked up my multimeter, registering 17 or so on the 20k ohm setting (i believe I have this right - I'm no expert!).

What sensor are you testing?

Registering 17 ohms?

Did you disconnect the wires from the temperature sensor before testing the resistance?

Replace the thermistor again with a genuine Pentair part. Test it with your multimeter before installing.

What sensor are you testing?

Registering 17 ohms?

Did you disconnect the wires from the temperature sensor before testing the resistance?

Replace the thermistor again with a genuine Pentair part. Test it with your multimeter before installing.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm testing the sensor in the first picture (sorry for the blurry pic). I disconnected the wires prior to testing. The second picture is the reading my multimeter is registering.

Attachments

• IMG-3378.jpg
    IMG-3378.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG-3379.jpg
    IMG-3379.jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 6
A reading of 17,000 is a temperature of 56F.

Was your pump running and water flowing through the heater when you did that measurement?

What was your water temperature?

10K_thermistor_chart.png

A reading of 17,000 is a temperature of 56F.

Was your pump running and water flowing through the heater when you did that measurement?

What was your water temperature?

10K_thermistor_chart.png
Sorry for the delay, got tied up this morning. I just opened the pool yesterday in upstate New York and its usually cold when I open it up. Plus my arms were freezing taking out the return plugs lol.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.