Master Temp Error Message (400k)

Pool heater is relatively new (2 years old) and today it wouldn't come on. Pulled out the book and found the AFS error code was the reason. Being a electrical incompetent I was wondering if I should attempt the next trouble shooting steps or make a phone call? The last two times I called a company to repair my old pool heater it was a disaster. So I don't look forward to that either.

Thanks,

Dennis

If the blower is not coming on, the blower might be bad or it's not getting power.

See the manual for the AFS blower test procedure.

Is this a new heater or the original heater?

When was it installed?

If it's under warranty, you should file a claim.

Pool heater is relatively new (2 years old) and today it wouldn't come on. Pulled out the book and found the AFS error code was the reason. Being a electrical incompetent I was wondering if I should attempt the next trouble shooting steps or make a phone call? The last two times I called a company to repair my old pool heater it was a disaster. So I don't look forward to that either.

Thanks,

Dennis

I have the same Pentair heater. After two years, with minimal use (we live in Atlanta- use it a couple weekends a month in April and May each year; maybe once or twice more for maybe a Christmas day swim, a grandkids birthday, etc) it began to shut down for no apparent reason. I have the Intellitouch system with the Screenlogic interface.

I got an error code (sorry, can’t remember exact wording) and I tested the control panel itself on the heater. It didn’t test bad, but it wasn’t working properly either. I found the testing video on YouTube- give that a try.

I found a replacement control module on Amazon or Ebay but I ended up not ordering it as I just disconnected the control panel on the heater and bypassed it and used the Intellitouch system directly to control the heater. I’m sure I’ll have to deal with this again this Fall/Winter. If so, I’ll post my findings and solution.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.