Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
Hello everyone
I just replaced a very old Hayward heater with a new Pentair MasterTemp 400,000 btu heater.
Power and gas is done and the heater can be manually operated.
I need some help connecting the new heater to my existing Easytouch 8 system.

There are two wires that are connected to the J19 jumper on the EZT board.
Not sure where to connect the other end of these wires on the heater.

Help

thanks in advance

Lou ...

Hello everyone
I just replaced a very old Hayward heater with a new Pentair MasterTemp 400,000 btu heater.
Power and gas is done and the heater can be manually operated.
I need some help connecting the new heater to my existing Easytouch 8 system.

There are two wires that are connected to the J19 jumper on the EZT board.
Not sure where to connect the other end of these wires on the heater.

Help

thanks in advance

Lou ...

Lou, did you look on page 30 of the manual?
https://www.pentair.com/content/dam/extranet/product-related/product-brochures/pool-and-spa-equipment/heaters/MasterTemp_High_Performance_Heater_English.pdf

To connect a 2-Wire Control (such as Pentair’s IntelliTouch® or EasyTouch® Control
Systems) or a timer:
- Remove the factory installed jumper from the Fireman’s Switch terminals.
- Connect wires between the Fireman’s Switch terminals on the heater and the relay. Connect wires from the controller or timer to the Fireman’s Switch. Controller, timer or relay should be sized to handle 24VAC at 0.5 Amp (because it will be completing the 24VAC control board circuit on the heater as shown in Figure 22). DO NOT apply line voltage to the Fireman’s Switch terminals. Use 18 gauge wire with a minimum 3/64” (1.2mm) thick insulation rated for a temperature rise of at least 105°C.
- Knock-outs are provided to route the wires through the bottom of the control box and past the junction box.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.