Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi all!
I have a new pool with stonescapes mini pebble plaster. Only a month old. I thought the plaster looked great until I turned on the lights in the pool on Sunday and noticed there is a small area where you can see marks and two small pits on the sunshelf. You can't see it during the day. Is this normal? Or something I should bring up as they are working on the punch list. I do know they left plastic on the plaster for a couple of days before they came back and acid washed due to rain. It might be the plastic that was moving around with the wind. Unsure about the two pits, we do get raccoons. Any thoughts are appreciated!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211018-202106_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211018-202106_Gallery.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20211018-202051_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211018-202051_Gallery.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 32
@YippeeSkippy That is a great point. They wont download the ability to control the pump via my phone and the pump is on the other side of the house so I really do not turn on the lights except this last weekend when we were all in the pool. I need to look at it more and see if it bothers me. Just not sure if it is normal.

Sometimes having small imperfections fixed brings on more trouble. If you can live with the problem you can shrug it off as Wabi-Sabi
Thanks for the daily learn !! And +1. Turning the light on turns even the slightest imperfections into moon creators on any pool. Barring any actual defects, all pools have their own personality.

You’ve never noticed it at anyone else’s house cuz you were too busy enjoying yourself. No one will ever see yours either but you. :)

Reactions: ckinchen
Do you have some of the pits/holes too? That worries me the most as I wonder if water can leak out.
Pits/holes are caused by the spikes they wear on their shoes so they don't leave footprints. They are not as deep as the plaster is thick and will not cause any leaks. They just missed filling those in. It is cosmetic and if it really bothers you the builder can fill it in with a bit of plaster although the color will likely not match exactly. So you can have the pits or dots with a slightly different color.

Last edited:
Reactions: ckinchen
Thanks @Newdude and @ajw22 ! It sounds like it is fairly normal and that is what I wanted to know. Thanks for clarifying what the pits are, thought it might be something else but sounds like part of the process.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.