Manually Vacumming A pool with 2 skimmers

Henry121083

Silver Supporter
Aug 10, 2018
Newtown
Seems as if I am not getting enough suction from my vacuum (checked hose for air) when it occurred to me that since I have two skimmers I'm probably losing suction through the other skimmer.

Do you block the second skimmer some how? shut it off? (using a valve of course)

I have a skimmer cap that I used to connect hose to the skimmer I use to clean - do they make a cap that just closes it off all together?

Thanks
Henry

If your skimmers are teed together without separate valves, go look underneath each basket. One of them may have two holes and the second hole goes to the second skimmer. There should be a diverter valve ---looks like a flying saucer-- in there. You just lift it out and slide the door closed and put it back until you're done.

If you don't see a dual hole skimmer or if you're not good at figuring out puzzles... just plug it with a good sized tennis ball. Something big enough that suction can't pull it down inside the plumbing

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.