Man I love this site- it is very empowering

cheezedawg

Bronze Supporter
May 12, 2012
Elk Grove, CA
I get a little lazy over the winter with my pool cuz the margin of error is so much bigger. A little over 3 weeks ago as I was getting ready for a vacation, I checked the pool temp (still low 50s), and saw the forecast still had a lot of storms, so I just went out and dumped some chlorine in and called it good. Water was still nice and clear.

Got back from vacation but didn't get around to checking the pool until this weekend, but when I did, it was covered in algae. Oh no! But after being on this site for a few years, I knew immediately what I had to do. No need to panic or anything, just checked my CYA level, bought some more chlorine, and I'm off!

So I am now 36 hours into SLAM and things are already showing improvement.

Thanks again, troublefreepool!

Just want to make sure I’m not missing anything. I am now on day 8 of the SLAM. The water cleared up after 2-3 days, so the pool looks beautiful now but I am still losing 3-4ppm of chlorine overnight and occasionally measure 0.5 CC. Do I just need more POP (pool owner patience) or am I missing something else? I don’t know what it’s killing right now.

I’ve been brushing the pool several times a day, cleaning out the skimmer and filter baskets, and replaced the filter cartridges yesterday (it was time). I started with low CYA, so yesterday I added some to try to get it up around 40 (will measure later today). I think I was able to keep it above shock levels the whole week.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.