Making the switch

Lol Kim! That's awesome! I catch the drift. I do tend to let the small things get to me. I did go brush the pool though. I will do away with the strips. It is kind of hard though, especially since they got me through last season pretty smoothly. Two more days for my TF100 kit to arrive.:crazy:

Dino, Take your time. You will get faster as you learn them. Have you watched the videos? If not do so. They are very helpful!

PH-I hold a white plate up behind the tube to help me make the color match.

TA-it will "flash" color but you do not stop until the color change stays.

CYA-GLANCE in to see the dot. Do NOT stare or you will see the dot. I pour from line to line when I do this test.

Let us know how it goes!

Kim:kim:

Ok, had a leaking shower faucet this morning that took a lot of the day to repair.

I finally got around to my first TF100 tests and here are the numbers:

TC-3
FC-2.5
PH-7.5
TA-160
CH-125
CYA-70
CC-.5

Working on PoolMath to make adjustments now.

Thoughts?

Thanks, Dino

So I figured I better get the CH taken care of ASAP. I added 15 lbs. of Hardness Plus.

I also took took care of the FC.

Is the CC level (.5) anything to worry about? If so, how do I get rid of it?

How much acid do I need to add to lower TA?

Should I even worry about the CYA right now? Poolmath says to replace 43% of the water :-?.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
CH was up to 250 this morning.

FC was really low for some reason. May have gotten some bad bleach. Added more of a different batch.

PH was fine.

Added 20oz. of acid and have a jet turned up and the waterfall trickling making bubbles.

Out of of town for Easter, so I'll try to test it again tonight or in the morning.

Well, after a little over a week long battle and a couple of mini slams, I finally have good numbers that seem to be holding strong:

4/24/17
FC - 8 (brought back up to 10 last night)
PH - 7.5
CH - 250
TA - 110
CYA - 60
CC - 0

CYA is still high, but I think I can handle it for now.

Now on to installing a Stenner pump and splurging on a robot in the near future.

Thanks for the help! I plan to become a supporter of this awesome place soon.

Dino

SWEET!

Dino, how is your PH holding? Does it jump up every couple/few days or just kind of drift up over a couple of weeks? This will tell me if we need to work on your TA.

I think a CYA of 60 is good for the summer coming up. It should be a hot one!

:hug:

Kim:kim:

No, it's been holding pretty steady at 7.5. I even have my wife give me a second opinion on the color to make sure and we both agree on 7.5. The pool stays pretty well aerated because the waterfall dribbles some, even when I have the valve closed. Might be a faulty valve, but I don't have a problem with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.