Makeover for 28 year old IG Vinyl Pool

Nice - who is “seeming” the membrane? Is it being done in house or is the sheet manufacture supplying the labor..

Kim- in the “liner world” that’s what we call an open top form.

Looking good thus far!!
The PB will be seeming the membrane on site. He’s the only one in this area with experience doing it. Both the splash pad and stairs will have a foam pad layer underneath the membrane for comfort.

When PB said we can do just about anything with a membrane and much more than we can with gunite, he was not kidding.

I was going to use some of the cut out flagstone to do a rock waterfall in the deep end, but when they cut it out, they found that the original PB encased the flagstone in concrete. Those pieces won’t be usable. Maybe If I don’t have extra from the coping, I’ll end up putting that off a little bit.

It must have been so grunt work to get that encased flagstone up and out! What tool did they use to get it out? I bet there were some adult words said!
They cut it with a saw all the way around the pool and then had to carefully break it up with a pickaxe. They tried a jackhammer to start, but it was putting too much vibration on the fiberglass walls so they abandoned that method quickly.

I'm totally pleased with everything so far. Stone for the coping is supposed to arrive and be installed next Monday. The track system and the membrane are still in shipping. There's one pool ahead of mine for membrane so when it gets in, I have a couple days to wait.

The plumbing looks good. I was slightly concerned that my pump is too small for the addition of 2 bubblers, but PB said they will be fine, especially because they are in the splash pad and they only have to shoot up 6-8 inches.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.