moore887

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 14, 2018
CAPE CORAL
Hi

I thought there were four main drains in this pool that I just took over. However, upon closer inspection and opening a partially labeled pressure side valve, two of the floor drains actually push water up. It looks like the label on the valve says DEF....the rest is worn off. Any idea why there would be floor pressure drains as well as the side returns?pressure drain.jpg

Sometimes deep water RETURNS are added by pool builders. Does this pool by chance have solar?

There was a member once that said they were able to use a valve to change their deep water grates from "drain" to "return" - weird setup to be sure, but there are probable weirder ones out there.

Possibly.... and having deep water returns could help to mix the cooler and warmer water faster to provide a more consistent water temperature throughout the pool. This may be especially true in a deep diving pool.

My pool has deep returns. The builder charged me $500 extra for them and I think they were well worth it.

Also might have been me that posted the regular floor drain that could be reversed to a return. It was done like this by the builder to my neighbor's pool I don't know why though.

Last edited:
Reactions: markayash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.