Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I’ve tried multiple Dolphin demo units as well as two Polaris units
@Newdude

the only Dolphin that worked well in my opinion was the M400 (in my pool), it cleared the 4 bottom drains with ease and did a good thoroughly cleaning (but I was NOT a fan of the cartridge system) nor did it do a great job at tile line regardless of handle position.

Got the M600 and wow - by far, hands down the best of any model I’ve tried. It got stuck on main drains yes, but each and every time it worked itself off never requiring me to manually pull it off (took about 30 seconds for it to remove itself) think it used the side jets.

it climbs walls, and the waterline - not even the M400 did this consistent of a job on the waterline and I love the left/right jets that come on to make it move sideways along the waterline

it stayed tight against the wall both going up as well as going down not pulling off and drifting down and did a great job covering all areas of the pool -

yes, a few bells and whistles that you might not need but the function and effectiveness is hands down the best I’ve tested (on my pool)

wanted to share - I have a few video clips but can only upload images3F048BC1-69C3-4E89-8D1F-B93032E79347.jpegCD350D34-48FC-4907-981B-A9E892DBEA28.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you very much as it helps fellow members.. I always would like to know if something works ok or great..

If you wan to upload video's you can use your YouTube account, it works great :)

I just bought the Active 60 (M600 in white and blue) from Margaret at Marina pool and spa.. Should be here by the weekend :)

There is 1 M600 left as of today....

Reactions: Riddler0520
Get ready for your sweet M600 to break apart like mine did after about 1 year of use. Ive always kept it in the pool and only ran it maybe 2-3 a week since purchasing it in 2020.

Quality Control seems to be really low for a $1500 robot. Its about to get sent back for repairs so here is to hoping they fix it.

Attachments

• 20210528_123223.jpg
    20210528_123223.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 20210528_123229.jpg
    20210528_123229.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 20210528_123552.jpg
    20210528_123552.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Sad
Reactions: cowboycasey

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I got an Active30(Rosie) a couple weeks ago from Marina. I'm very happy with the job it does so far. It does the tile line like the above videos, but only does a few feet(5-6) and then goes back down. Then, it will climb in another area and do the same. No tangling of the cord and it coils up nicely on the caddy. Bluetooth/WiFi works well so far.

Manual drive works fairly well. Turning is not the greatest. It's not like a remote control car that turns like a joystick would. To turn, it backs up and then pivots on one track. If you "hold" the left/right turn arrow on the phone, it will turn more. So, depending on how much of a turn you want to make, you have to know when to release the the turn arrow. I'm sure I'll get tired of manual drive and not use it much, but it comes in handy when there's only one or two pieces of dirt left after a cycle.

I would love to leave Rosie in the pool overnight during the week, and do a scheduled cleaning in the morning, but I'm fearful that she will be stolen. I live in a nice neighborhood, but these days I don't believe anywhere is "safe". :cry:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.