M600 or Polaris ALPHA iQ+?

Yarzy

Bronze Supporter
Jul 16, 2020
Chalfont, PA
I know a lot of people have Dolphin's here and I was leaning towards the M600, but before I pull the trigger, what robot is the better one for a new pool owner? As a little background, I will have the iAqualink system installed as well, but I don't that is a huge deal since they both run on WiFi. From what I understand, the M600 may have better build quality but some people have mentioned the tracks get worn down quickly. I do like the idea of the firmware updates happening over the air in the Polaris, not sure if the M600 does that as well. Also, seems like the Polaris may have a more advanced "mapping" system but again, no idea how important that is. Any help anyone can provide would be awesome. Thanks!!!!

Y,

I have an S200 and I'd bet it cleans every bit as good as any of the "fancy".. ones.. I can't think of any reason that I would need Wi-Fi.. In my mind a giant waste of money..

I had a Dolphin Premier that had a remote.. I used it once, the day I got it. I don't even know where the remote is any more. That was 7 years ago... and it cost me about $1400 dollars. The S200, cleans just as well and is half that price..

The idea that a robot actually maps your pool is all Marketing speak.. Just does not happen in the way that you and I would think of mapping.

My Premier finally gave up the ghost last Thursday.. I now have three S200's in three different pools and when one of them goes bad it will be replaced with another one.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
I have yet to see an OTA firmware for the M600 or a location to check the version. Their app is not that good and wifi is not very strong from the power supply. My router is 15' from the PS and I have to power cycle it almost every week for it to stay connected (it has a static IP and is out of my DHCP scope). I was told the app should alert you if the basket is full and so should the PS, neither do. To be honest, go with the cheaper model or different company then Maytronics.

Reactions: HermanTX
I love my Polaris 9650iq! Never ever gets stuck, climbs up on my shelf, tires look perfect even after 5 seasons. No issues with WiFi and the app is easy to use. But you don't really need the app just plug it in and hit the button. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. BTW: I do NOT keep the robot in the pool I remove it every time, rinse it off and put it away.

Reactions: HermanTX

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I honestly should have just bought a cheap S200 vs the M600 at this point after just seeing how worn down the M600 got over just 1 year. Atleast the warranty is good but the hassle is still there. Im thinking about buying another robot as a backup at this point

It just fell apart over a years use, fortunately Maytronics repaired it for me and did a great job. They even paid shipping cost both ways and also replaced a whole bunch of worn parts. Good thing this robot has a long warranty, just sucks I had to send it back for repairs in such a short amount of time. We will see how the next year treats us.
What happened to your M600

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.