Emerald Coast Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
My M600, less than 18 months old dead yet again. Power to the power supply, blue light showing its should be running, no lights or movement. Connecting to the app it says the robot is off and will not turn on. No water intrusion in the cord this time. This will make the 5th trip back to Maytronics for repair and costing about $70 for shipping. For a $1200+ robot this is unacceptable.

Who did u buy it from? I would be asking for a replacement- sounds like a lemon 🍋
Unfortunately that happens in all products from time to time. I would start with where u purchased it & then proceeded to maytronics customer service from there.

Contact marina & see if they can make it right for u. I agree, its alot of $$$ to have so much headache. Also you may be able to go the route of replacement payment via your credit card if that’s what u used to purchase. They often have benefits.

Hey Panic. Do you leave the M600 in the pool or take it out after running? I probably over-worry about my M500, so I run a 3.5 hour full cycle, then take it out, clean out the baskets and filters, rinse the hose and the cleaner inside and out with fresh softened water, and store it on the caddy with the lids open to dry. Then I put a chair cover over the whole thing to protect from the sun. It is counter-intuitive to me to leave a machine with many moving parts made of various plastics plus an electric motor, soaking in a mixture of chlorine, calcium and salt water plus sun for six or seven hours a day. (I don't have a SWCG, but since I use liquid chlorine, the salt level is ever increasing--currently at 1600ppm and increasing at about 75-80ppm per month.)

I ask this because I see the M600 has a feature to bring it to the surface and edge of the pool for easy retrieval. That sounds like a subtle hint that Maytronics wants you to take it out of the pool for storage--but doesn't want to outright advise that approach to its use. You know that U.S. navy submarines--designed to exist in salt water--still have to be put in dry dock periodically. No matter what material you use to seal moving parts, water has a way of getting through eventually. That's my thinking anyway, so I treat my M500 like it was expensive and fragile--because it was and is.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I hate to see this, I have a M600 but its been a champ so far. Hopefully maytronics makes it right this time and just sends you a new one. I leave mine in the water 24/7 and the water temp is currently 47F. I run it twice a day just to keep it moving. My caddy with the power unit actually blew over into the pool a few months ago and I found it about an hour later floating in the pool. I dried the power unit out for several days and it started right back up with no issues. Good Luck!

Dead, after speaking to Maytronics again, they want me to send it in for an eval. Before they issue an RMA, they wanted me to turn it up side down and try to run it. I explained, that the ps and app can't connect to the robot and I can't test it. This is the 6th time in less than 12 months. It now says that it cannot communicate with the robot, and check the cord. I am betting they replaced the motor and cord and never tested the unit before sending it back. $1500 pos...

• Sad
Reactions: Mdragger88
Dead, after speaking to Maytronics again, they want me to send it in for an eval. Before they issue an RMA, they wanted me to turn it up side down and try to run it. I explained, that the ps and app can't connect to the robot and I can't test it. This is the 6th time in less than 12 months. It now says that it cannot communicate with the robot, and check the cord. I am betting they replaced the motor and cord and never tested the unit before sending it back. $1500 pos...

They seriously need to just send you a new one.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Panic - out of curiosity, which route you plan on taking after the ordeal with the robot if / when it finally gives it up?

Maytronics has 20 more months left on the 3 year warranty. So far they have paid for 3 (now 4) round trips to them via FedEx @ $50 each way, at some point the shipping and motors/parts will cost more than replacing the unit. Maybe by that time there will be someone else out there who will make a better one...

Reactions: jtpipkin
P-B This SUCKS !! Its rare enough to defy the statistics of happy customers (with ANY product). To defy those stats again and again is insane.

#7 for the same thing water intrusion of the motor. 18 months left on the warranty, but was told on #6 & #7 repair that it "might" be replaced with another unit, but that hasn't happened. If they would change the motor and cable at the same time it might fix the issue. If this was the 200 series costing $500, I would expect issues, but the M600 was $1200+.

Attachments

• Screenshot_MyDolphin +.jpg
    Screenshot_MyDolphin +.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.