Lumberton Tx Build

My PB is offering to upgrade from regular plaster to a "house mix white pebble" for $1800. It sounds like a good deal, but I've stretched this build way past my initial budget. Am I crazy if I don't get his upgrade?

If they plaster on Tues or Weds, shouldn't it be full and ok to swim in by Friday? I heard you can get in as soon as it's full. I don't plan on heating anything, just a couple of kids swimming. Would the pebble be dried sooner?

If they Pebble on Wednesday, they will likely let it begin to cure overnight and come back Thursday and Acid Wash it. The fill would start at that point. It will take 12-24 hours to fill from that point. They will likely not return for startup until Monday, although startup is not a lengthy process. You can certainly get in before startup in most cases.

I'm just going to have to scrape nickels together to come up with the extra $1800, or I wouldn't care. I'm going to do it though if it's really that much better than the regular plaster.

Here's the spray deck, and they should have the white pebble plaster in tomorrow. By the way, the spa measured 8x7. We can't wait to start swimming!

Attachments

• spraydeck.jpeg
    spraydeck.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 197

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The plaster company was a no show all week, so no pool for the party tomorrow. After being told they were coming all week I called them directly. The PB took offense, but I didn't mean any harm. I just needed to know if the pool wouldn't be complete, so I could rent water slides and stuff. O'well, I guess the process couldn't be perfect. DRAMA!

The initial quote was for $35k for the whole thing. Then I added a pool cleaner, salt generator, spraydeck, indoor panel, spa side remote, and pebble. We ended up at $40k. I don't know the gunite breakdown, but Houston Gunite gave me a quote of $37k for the entire thing before upgrades, but I had to pay cash.

Here's the plaster pics. The plaster company calls it their "house mix white pebble". They brought it to the backyard in wheelbarrows, and put on by hand. They managed to scratch up the spray deck all over the place. I think it didn't have enough paint on it, or something. I thought it was alot tougher than that.

Attachments

• pebblecloseup.jpg
    pebblecloseup.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 152
  • spaplaster.jpg
    spaplaster.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 152
  • plaster1.jpg
    plaster1.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 152
We got the waterfalls going, but the PB has to come Monday to get the spaside and indoor controls operating. I'm sure the the Easytouch is "easy", but I don't know whats going on yet.

Attachments

• falls1sttime.jpg
    falls1sttime.jpg
    467 KB · Views: 109
Thanks for the kind words. We are very much enjoying everything. The spa is my favorite part so far, and we couldn't be happier with the 3.5-6-4 depth we chose. Now we just need to get rid of all these kiddo's ear aches from swimming so much!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.