Mansfield, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-25
I lowered my TA from 110 to 90 - brought pH down to 7.2 using muriatic acid and used my waterfall to bring back up to 7.6 a couple times (seems like it lowers TA by 10 every cycle).

2 days ago my FC was 7.0 and my SWCG was set to 12.5% (or, 1/8, hopefully that equates to %) and runs for 8 hours, from the EoA it should be generating 0.5 FC.

I've been checking FC regularly and see at most 1-1.5ppm loss per day (probably not even that much, but I'm being conservative), so I would expect at least a measurement of 5ppm but I just checked and it's <1.5ppm. CYA is 60ppm. Will all that muriatic acid speed up FC loss?

I cranked the SWCG up to 75% to run for the next 13 hours to bring it back up to around 7ppm.

I cranked the SWCG up to 75% to run for the next 13 hours to bring it back up to around 7ppm.
You can always use LC to raise your FC more quickly than running the SWCG.
Also, please update your signature to include the SWCG equipment type. Congratulations.

This sort of loss is what I experience in the early summer in the mid to upper 90s (a bit more when it's peak summer) - it's been overcast even more so than the chart below shows (red are test times). But it has been warming up from the mid 70s to low 80s.

I'm about to go out of town for a week, just wanted to check to make sure I don't have some problem brewing. I'll keep an eye on the FC generation today, thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 10.08.48 AM.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.