KJB1

Jan 8, 2021
Temecula, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I’m still pretty new but I hate the sound of my pump running at max speed. It just sounds excessive and stressful. Reading the manual it says to adjust the max speed for plumbing... It only runs on max for prime (30 seconds) and quick clean. Hayward VS950 2” PCV in and out of pump. Any benefit lowering the max to 3200rpm or so? Are there guidelines to follow or am I overthinking it?

Attachments

• 806977BA-7928-4C38-B1EB-50FABC46CA22.jpeg
    806977BA-7928-4C38-B1EB-50FABC46CA22.jpeg
    354 KB · Views: 13
No guidelines to follow. Set the speed to what works best on your pool.

I set my VSP max speed to 3000rpm. Only goes that fast at startup when priming. 30 secs at most. Works fine. Full speed is entirely unnecessary

Reactions: KJB1
I lowered my Intelliflo 3HP to ... well I can't remember now, will look in the morming. But it was the RPM I handwavingly calculated to be similar in power consumption and presumably flow to the 3/4 HP pump it replaced, because it shares (well, shared now) a 20 Amp breaker with a booster for the Polaris cleaner. It does make it significantly quieter when priming.

I'd say you can lower the max RPM as long as it's able to prime and you're satisfied with the quick clean skimming performance. You can always change it back if it doesn't work well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.