Lower water to waste, DE in pool

Pat60

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 11, 2016
PA
Quick question, I lowered my water level to WASTE yesterday and when I returned the value to filter ,some DE got in pool. Why did this happen and how can I avoid in future? I am filtering brushing and vacuuming ,but I want my water TFP clear again! Thank you in advance.

Using a small inexpensive standalone submersible pump attached to a garden hose to lower your water instead of using your pool pump would avoid this issue.
Not sure of your pump/filter valve set up but the new Multiport valves appear to have a position that will flush the line before switching to the pool return.

Thank you both for the quick reply. I do turn off the pump whenever switching between setting. I do have a rinse, I guess I should have used that! Going forward ,I will use the submersible pump, much easier the dragging backwash hose a distance and rolling back up!

Reactions: Oly
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.