Lower PH, increase CYA

Walmart generally carries HTH brand, labeled as stabilizer & conditioner. Check the pool aisles.

Definitely use PoolMath to see how much you need to add, then put about 1/2 to 2/3 of that in a sock. Put the sock in your skimmer, or hang it in front of a running return.

Thank you Smykowski. I will look at those places today. Now, I was thinking of adding in liquid form and want to ask how long before the children can jump in. I may add in the evening to avoid frustration and a day without jumping in the pool!

Yes, that sounds about right. Get enough to do the full amount, but don't put it all in at once. Best to "sneak up" on the CYA, over about a month's time. 1/2 to 2/3 of the PoolMath amount, and retest a week later. Then do it again, with 1/2 to 2/3 of the indicated again. That way you don't accidentaly overshoot and have to drain to bring it back down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.