Low Voltage, Low Profile Pathway Lights Need Help!

PoolGate

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 7, 2017
Damascus, MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I bought around a dozen of the below lights last year as pathway lights around my pool. 4 of them are already broken. They snapped off right at the base when pool toys hit them. There seems to be no good way to fix them (no replacement parts). They are aluminum with a plastic base. I see no way I can avoid pool toys hitting the lights. These lights were a poor choice for pathway lights around the pool. Can anyone recommend another pathway light that is more robust and lower profile? My system will use any standard low voltage 12-15 volt LED light.

bronze-hampton-bay-path-lights-iww1501l-2-64_1000.jpg

PoolGate,
I used Volt Lighting for my backyard. I used a couple of different style path lights (the Max Spread & the Premier Pagoda) depending on what I was trying to go for. All of their lights though are very rigid lights and I suspect will hold up very well to whatever I throw at them.
They just have the standard 2 wires coming out of them so I suspect will work for any low voltage system.

Wow those Volt lights are nice be jeez are they expensive! I have 12 pathway lights to replace even using their cheapest light that is close to $700. And that doesn't include the brass stake which is $14 by itself. Ah well I'll need to look for something else.

There ya go. Once you have them, maybe you can see if you can make them have a set of “cement shoes” to keep them better in the ground.

I thought about that actually they are too tall anyway. The way they are broken off they could easily be welded back if one knew how to weld aluminum. I think my little arc welder will not do aluminum but my son knows how to weld aluminum and has an aluminum welder. I'll give him the 4 broken lights and let him weld them back. We were thinking we'd put these 12 lights in the front. We have solar lights there now which are totally useless.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.