Low suction. No Bernoulli effect from all in one skim a round.

Nathanstl

Jun 28, 2016
St. Louis, MO
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool SJ-40
So I bought two skim around all in ones as my skimmers weren’t working the best and after installing them it seems my suction it too low to have the swirl effect they are talking about. After a call to support they said my filter needed changing. That made sense to me as I had a 4 year old cartridge filter. Replace filter cartridge today and it’s slightly better but still doesn’t hold that swirl effect so I closed the main drain line and the farthest skimmer leaving only the closest skimmer with all the suction. Again better, but doesn’t maintain the Bernoulli effect. It starts to and then loses it. There is no air in my pump basket. Filter Psi is about 16. Also no air bubbles coming out of the returns. My pump is 1HP.

I would suggest you do a search of the forum on those devices. Use the search box on the upper right of this page.

Most members have found them to not be functional.

Take care.

I must be lucky cause Im fighting the whirlpools sucking air in without a skim around. I cant imagine how much air would be sucked in if I had one of those. even with an over full pool from rain I still get whirlpools in the skimmer. thankfully the automatic air bleeder is working to keep air from building in the filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.