Low Skimmer Flow Issues

I have confidence in the jandy check valves, if they are facing the right direction. It’s the white check valve in the manifold that I don’t have confidence in. I believe the white check valve failed early on and instead of replacing it on the manifold they added that loop with the jandy check valve. The caretaker should have a screen you can check. You said the psi on the caretaker was also higher, so I believe the issue is within the caretaker. Most of this is speculation. You really wouldn’t know until it’s open and hopefully it’s something obvious. Last resort would be to replumb manifold in the belief that flap broke off in line.
This is my first check when it is daylight. Everything still seems to be running fine being left as it was for pool return, except the spa drained quite a bit. This was the same reason I called the tech out originally. Is this nornal? I was told with new check valves it would stay where it was.

Spa draining and IFCS not working seems like too many coincidences to not be related.

Im assuming you mentioned calibration of the actuator because the spa isn't getting flow anymore unless it is on Spa mode, so I am going to have to let that valve be open a little. Before doing that I still want to figure out the caretaker, as it would seem my spillway wouldn't automatically work in the current set up, am I guessing correct?IMG_20220107_081920.jpg

Correct, your spa bypass is on the IFCS return. You would need to calibrate the pool/spa return valve actuator to divert flow to spa if you were to keep the IFCS closed.

Since the spa isn’t getting filled back up, noticing small water loss in the spa will be more noticeable. It could be a number of things wind, intake pool spa valve, jet schedule, failed new jandy valve.

It does seem like a coincidence but there is nothing im seeing that makes me think replacing the jandy check valves caused the issue, unless they were installed backwards. From the pictures it doesn’t appear so.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.