Low pressure reading on DE Filter

May 24, 2010
Southern NJ
So for whatever reason I am only reading 1 psi on my filter gauge. I replaced the gauge because I thought it was defective. Still reading 1 psi on the gauge. I have flow from the drain and the skimmer and flow to the return jets. I have noticed that it is not that strong. I have a pentair 2hp pump and pentair DE filter. Not sure what the issue it. Nothing that I know of has entered the piping and I have not backwashed since I opened the pool on May 1st. My only thought is that something is going on with the pentair multiport valve. Also I noticed that when I vacuum I can pull the hose out of the skimmer when the pump is running. I was never able to do that in the past. Any ideas?

It sounds like you have a restriction somewhere before the pump. That's skimmers, pipes to pump, etc. The impellor coming loose is also a possibility.

Perhaps run a snake up the skimmer lines in case your pool sucked in a pool toy, etc. It's not the multiport......that's on the pressure side

Take the new gauge out and turn on the pump for a few seconds.. Does water come shooting out from where the missing gauge goes?

If it does great.. If not, that is your issue, the line going to the gauge is blocked. Often just letting it vent will blow out the clog.

Can't hurt to try..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Take the new gauge out and turn on the pump for a few seconds.. Does water come shooting out from where the missing gauge goes?

If it does great.. If not, that is your issue, the line going to the gauge is blocked. Often just letting it vent will blow out the clog.

Can't hurt to try..

Thanks,

Jim R.
I did that and at first I did not get anything but a trickle of water out of the top. Turn the filter off and on a few times and then water came out much better. Reinstalled the gauge and still just 1 psi. I also tried turning the value before the pump from all drain and then to all skimmer. Still the same reading. So I would think there isn't anything in the piping at least up until that valve.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.