Low pressure, no water from jets

Sep 15, 2013
Hi. I had my pool opening on June 4th and they sent a new tech. I wasn't home at the time, but was told that the pump was making noises and the tech had left (Pentair Superflo VS). When I got home, I saw that I had lost about 2-3 inches of water in a couple of hours. I had them send out a tech that I was familiar with. He turned on the pump and water started gushing out of the bottom. He told me my pump was bad (purchased June 30, 2018) and asked me if I wanted to order a new pump and of course I declined. I had the seals repaired and the pump now works as expected. My problem is that now when I prime the pump, the water does not reach the top of the basket and I don't see any water coming out of the jets. I called another pool company who came this morning. He checked the pump, lines and filter, opening the pump and checked the impeller and opening all of the lines to check the o-rings and connections and for any blockages which seemed fine. I can't figure out what is wrong. Please help.

Does your filter register any pressure when the pump is running at full speed?
Do you have a way to pump to waste to determine if any flow? (this bypasses your filter and downstream plumbing)

Maybe post a picture of your pump and filter with plumbing

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.