Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
So typically I remove my SWG for the winter and use LC, but since my salt cell's temp sensor is stuck on 77 it never stopped producing! I have about 30 FC which I know is super excessive. I am going to turn it off until the FC drifts back down then try running it 50 percent. In any case I just measured CYA at about 20. In the summer I keep it around 60-70. Should I bring it back up a little to maybe 40-50 or just not worry about it until it gets warmer? In Houston we really havent had a real winter this year except for the brief freeze. I dont think there much UV but it still gets up into the high 60s/low 70s during the day.

Should I bring it back up a little to maybe 40-50
Yes, do that. Anything below 30 is just too low, but you can get-by without it being all the way to 60-70 until about Mar-Apr for our areas.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thanks I will do that today. Any harm in running my SWG all winter since its stuck on 77F?
Maybe, maybe not - you should get it fixed, the malfunction that is allowing you to produce today may change tomorrow/in the future & the cell not produce fc when it is supposed to.

I called DSP just now. Apparently the temp sensor was bypassed during a previous warranty repair so it will always be stuck on 77. Cold water is not so conductive, but since the cell thinks its warm it will still TRY. Its obviously producing FC because when I tested last night I stopped adding drops at 30FC! Since its till getting into the 70s during the day I'm going to let it ride for now unless we get a real winter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.