mineral ridge, ohio
FC-0.1
TC-.8
PH-7.4
HARDNESS-235
ALK-77
CYA-40
Salt-3100

I bumped my SWG UP 15% over last 3 days, but didn't see a difference in the levels. It is running at 35% right now. What should i do next? Superchlor??? or just bump up SWG higher? ALk is low and I have baking soda for that, wasn't sure if I should wait til I straightened out chlorine first or not. I am new to pools and need some help, thank you.

Michael,

Welcome to TFP... A great place to find the answers to all your pool maintenance questions, whether your "Ridge" has "Minerals" or not... :shark:

Just leave your TA alone unless it tries to go below 50...

You have a 24K pool and my guess is that you have a 40K cell, which is a little small... At 35% output, and running your pump 24/7 it will only generate an FC of 2.45 ppm per day.

You need to increase you cell's output or increase your pump run time...

Also, salt cells are made to maintain an FC level, not to drastically increase the FC.. You should use Liquid Chlorine/Bleach to get your FC up to where you want it and then turn the job over to the SWCG

We recommend that Saltwater pools have a CYA of 70, which will reduce your FC demand. See this chart... (under Saltwater pools) ...[FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]

With a current FC of .1 you may already have an algae outbreak. I suggest that you run our Overnight Chlorine Loss Test, to see if you have algae or not. Here is how...Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.