low Calcium

Jun 8, 2015
Rocklin Ca
The calcium when I tested my pool last week it was at 225 I added 5lbs of calcium + - . This week I’m at 175 tested it twice. Wondering why it would go down that much after adding 5 pounds ? What I’m using for CH is “Snow Joe AZ-50-CCP Melt-2-Go 94% Pure Calcium Chloride” I’ve been using it for a couple years, I read about it on TFP. We did have to incredible wind storms (northern CA) did get a lot of stuff in the pool cleaned it right away I don’t think that would affect the CH level? Any ideas what could cause this drop in CH level? BTW all other levels are good, needed 2 quarts of chlorine that’s it.

OK -- just remember, if you add calcium it is in there, regardless if you see it in a test. Do not over do. Your fill water is pretty soft as I remember so at least you will not have climbing CH due to evaporation like many of us in the west.

OK -- just remember, if you add calcium it is in there, regardless if you see it in a test. Do not over do. Your fill water is pretty soft as I remember so at least you will not have climbing CH due to evaporation like many of us in the west.
Thanks One thing I did not mention I do add salt to the pool I keep it at about 2500 would affect the CH?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.