low Calcium

SacDave

Jun 8, 2015
Rocklin Ca
The calcium when I tested my pool last week it was at 225 I added 5lbs of calcium + - . This week I’m at 175 tested it twice. Wondering why it would go down that much after adding 5 pounds ? What I’m using for CH is “Snow Joe AZ-50-CCP Melt-2-Go 94% Pure Calcium Chloride” I’ve been using it for a couple years, I read about it on TFP. We did have to incredible wind storms (northern CA) did get a lot of stuff in the pool cleaned it right away I don’t think that would affect the CH level? Any ideas what could cause this drop in CH level? BTW all other levels are good, needed 2 quarts of chlorine that’s it.

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
I found that using the Speed Stir device was the only way I could get repeatable results doing the CH test. I don't know why that is but others have said the same thing too.

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: SacDave

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Did you add the calcium before or after the recent rain event in your area?

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
OK -- just remember, if you add calcium it is in there, regardless if you see it in a test. Do not over do. Your fill water is pretty soft as I remember so at least you will not have climbing CH due to evaporation like many of us in the west.

SacDave

Jun 8, 2015
Rocklin Ca
OK -- just remember, if you add calcium it is in there, regardless if you see it in a test. Do not over do. Your fill water is pretty soft as I remember so at least you will not have climbing CH due to evaporation like many of us in the west.
Thanks One thing I did not mention I do add salt to the pool I keep it at about 2500 would affect the CH?

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.