“Low amps check cell” on Auto Pilot Digital

Bcdc1975

May 20, 2020
Macon, Ga
I have an Auto Pilot digital with 48fns de filter. I have had very few problems and have replaced the cell once since Original install in 1996. Pool is approx 32000 gal. Having several problems this year. Pump had quit working but impeller was clogged and is working fine now. Have good flow. Salt generator Giving me low salt numbers after putting in over 600# of salt. Purchased salinity tester. Auto pilot reading was 500ppm And salinity tester was 3700ppm. Recalibrated auto pilot. Numbers are much closer now. Cleaned cell and sensor. Have water balanced now but I’m getting “Low amps -Cell?” On display. Reading is 28v 0.6A. Purifier at 49%. Sometimes reads “off” sometimes reads “on”. Water temp 76*. Not sure if it’s producing chlorine. Cell cord connection is questionable. Possible corrosion inside connector as well as one post on the cell has some buildup on it. I have pictures of cell and cord. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Welcome to TFP.

I think you have a depleted cell that should be replaced. See...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.