Loud Suction in Skimmer

Stacy Roth

Jun 10, 2020
Skokie
Hi,
I am new at owning a pool so I feel like a freshman again. I filled the skimmer half way but I am sitting in my house and I can hear the water being sucked into the skimmer which is then going into the hose and into the filter. It is very loud. Is that how they are made or am I missing something?
I would appreciate some feedback.
Thank you,
Stacy

Stacy,

You should not hear anything at the skimmer..

Either your water is way too low, or your weir door is stuck up.. The weir is a floating door between the mouth of the skimmer and the skimmer basket.

I reread you post and I am not sure what you mean, "I filled the skimmer half way"... :scratch:

Are you talking about a skimmer or the pump basket?

Show us a pic of what we are talking about.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hi,
I am new at owning a pool so I feel like a freshman again. I filled the skimmer half way but I am sitting in my house and I can hear the water being sucked into the skimmer which is then going into the hose and into the filter. It is very loud. Is that how they are made or am I missing something?
I would appreciate some feedback.
Thank you,
Stacy
Do you have an AGP?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.