Loud pump

Zamsaf

May 2, 2018
Central fl
Hello I just had my PB change my 2 speed to a VSP. The VSP was just installed about an hour ago and it is loud. I have a 2 story home and can hear the pump from upstairs. This wasn’t the case with the 2speed. Is this normal? It’s just an annoying loud humming noise.

There should be a control panel on the pump that displays the speed.

I think you are running the VSP too fast. Figure out how to set the speed down between 1500-2000 rpm. Slow enough to give you flow for your SWG then add 200 rpm. Slower will be quieter.

The pump control panel doesn’t work. I think it’s because he connected the pump to the panel. On the panel I have 3 speed options 50%, 75, and 95.

The pump also takes 5 mins to switch between each speed when I change it on the panel. I’m not sure if this is something he configured or a fault in the pump. I’m also getting air bubbles out of the jet.

The pump also looks a little beat up. It has 2 rusted screws on it and doesn’t look like it came out of the box today but I could be wrong.

Does your pump sit on a plastic platform? I had a loud vibration noise from my pump. I found out it wasn't coming from the pump but from the platform. I lifted it a bit and shoved dirt under the platform. The noise went away.

It’s on concrete slab. It’s not terribly loud but much louder than my previous 2 speed pump.

please see the attached picture. These are rust dents/spots on the new pump. Am I mistaken or are these supposed to be there?

Attachments

• 3360024F-770D-4E33-A63E-72E8463EC8F4.jpeg
    3360024F-770D-4E33-A63E-72E8463EC8F4.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 27
I can wonder if someone else returned it because it was too noisy.

A VS pump can be noisy at full speed 3400 RPM. You can't tell my VS pump is running at 1500 rpm by listening to it if you are standing right next to it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would not accept a pump that had a how many months head start on corrosion being left outside. If that rust shortens the life of the pump will he compensate you in a few years? You bought a new, clean, out of the box pump.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zamsaf
That pb sounds like a used car salesman. Yeah, I store brand new electronic equipment outside in the elements. If they did, the Shipping box and such would get wet and make it even worse. As said above, someone returned it due to noise and he’s trying to pass it along as new.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.