Loud AquaRite SWG after board replacement

MarcBalcer

Jun 1, 2021
Chesterbrook, PA
Hi. Recently replaced SWG board on my Aquarite. I ran it for a day or two and it was working fine without replacing the metal cover display plate. I put the plate on and now it is making a loud vibration/humming noise. When I take the cover plate off, it is a normal quiet hum. In both situations, it is generating chlorine just fine. I have jiggled and tried to reseat the board to no avail. It seems like the panel is amplifying the vibration. Any thoughts? Just for fun, here are the numbers from the panel. I believe they are fine.

54p
Al - 0
R 1.59
T-15

If i apply upward pressure to the bottom of the box, it sounds normal. But i dont really feel like standing here doing that all summer :)

Tighten the screws that attach it to the house/ post.

Or shim behind it on the bottom.

Or use small pieces of electrical tape around the seam of the cover where they won't interfere with its closing mechanism.

Tighten the screws that attach it to the house/ post.

Or shim behind it on the bottom.

Or use small pieces of electrical tape around the seam of the cover where they won't interfere with its closing mechanism.
I'm not sure this was it but after having some SWG issues lingering, I discovered that it was set for t-3 instead of t-15. I'm not sure when that started but since them, it has been less loud and hummy. Thanks for your ideas newdude. I lined the edges with electrical tape which helped too.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.