Lots of water loss in my IG vinyl liner pool

Very minor loss during work day, likely just evaporation. Flex tape seems to be holding.

98A4717B-B89D-414B-B8D9-F4E6265FF3AD.jpeg

Refilling now with plugs out and eyelets back in!

I think I know what did it. I brushed my pool down on Saturday and must’ve hit the edge of the brush on the liner too hard.

Wow, it shouldn't be that easy to create that tear. I'm thinking you will want a new liner soon. Last summer I was patching ours quite frequently (but the patches glued down better than what you have - plus they are clear so not as obvious). The pool was holding water well, but I just felt the liner was very old (I honestly think it was original to the pool which was built in 1989). We knew it would need changing soon when we bough the place (2017). So, this year we had the liner changed out.

Yeah. We’re discussing it now for sure. My wife feels like we should be able to do it ourselves. I’m ... less certain.

Glad to see it is holding!! MUCH better than last time!!!

You might be able to do it if you have a couple of willing helpers that can follow directions. I paid to have mine done as I did not have the help I needed as my husband's hands are too arthritic for him to help :(

Reactions: IceShadow
Yeah. We’re discussing it now for sure. My wife feels like we should be able to do it ourselves. I’m ... less certain.
Our liner is being replaced now. The cost for the labor was well worth it for me to not have to deal with measuring, ordering replacement parts (eyes, gaskets, faceplates, etc.), minor floor/wall repairs, hauling off the old liner, etc.

Also, in our case, and although a rare occurrence, the manufacturer has cut two of the liners incorrectly. Two liners have been cut too short in the shallow end. I’m glad I don’t have to defend measurements or coordinate with the manufacturer directly. That and the time to change out the liners is on the pool company. Just my two cents and a +1 for hiring out the job.

Reactions: Chickinvic
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.