Lost Control of Spa and can't drain / purge until weekend. Keep slamming?

Lacey

Jul 2, 2016
Lincoln, Nebraska
We had a bad wind storm and cover of spa blew open, it was open most of the day and already low / due to be dosed with chlorine that night. Came home to a complete mess. The spa stinks, the water is cloudy ,and I can't keep the chlorine levels up. I've been slamming 2-3 times a day, once an hour, while we are home at night, but obviously it is not enough. Unfortunately, we have a bedtime and can't keep at it all night. OBVIOUSLY, the water needs drained and the spa needs purged and a good ole scrubbin. Due to weather and me being pregnant, I MUST have my husband's help with this, meaning, I have to wait until the weekend. Should we keep slamming until the weekend or let it go? My thoughts are bleach is cheap, for such a small amount of water, so lets not let it get any worse; but on the other hand, it is a lot of seemingly useless work, since were just going to drain it. Thoughts?

I would just wait to drain and clean. Do you have any ahhh-some to purge the whole thing with? If not you will want to get some to get it really clean. Here is a link for a place to buy it: Ahh-Some Hot Tub/Jetted Bath Plumbing & Jet Cleaner (2 oz) Now if it really bothers you to let it sit and fester then there is NO harm in adding some chlorine to keep it from getting worse. It is up to you on this one.

Oh yes. We bought the ahh-some before the spa even arrived haha. Sounds good to me! I'm bringing the FC up to 12 and 1 hour later, I'm back down to 7, with CC of 1.0. It's an endless battle with the same outcome! Grr makes me so mad! Last time I will ever leave the lid unlatched!!!

Gurrrrrrrr to the max. When you go to use the Ahhh-some make sure to have LOTS to paper towels or such ready to wipe up the gunk. Oh and something to put them in as you use them up. You do not want that stuff to dry as it is sticky, yucky, and hard to get off if allowed to dry.

Take pics as everyone loves to see yucky stuff! LOL

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.