Lost 10 psi on filter overnight...what to check?

Jul 23, 2017
Brazil/Indiana
So since the pool was built (2017) and the first start up, our filter/pump has always had high psi. It runs around 28-29 psi. I asked the PB about it and he said that it was fine and that some pools run high psi and some run lower. We have a pretty big pool and I'm sure the plumbing lines are on the smaller size which leads to the higher pressure.

Overnight, the filter has dropped to 20 psi. I'm trying to figure out the reason as thats a pretty big drop. I've noticed that the pump noise is a little different than normal and it can't seem to keep the basket full of water (it's always been completely full when pump is running in high or low).

Do I have a clog somewhere or leak? Haven't noticed any noticeable water line drops other than normal evap.

Yesterday I backwashed, rinsed and open/closed lines to my 2 skimmers/returns and main drain and it remains at 20 psi. I'm kinda at a lost here. I'm worried that something big is going to happen if I don't find out a cause.

TIA,

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.