Losing Prime after 5min

I have the Hayward DE scoop. I level scoop is 1 lb of DE. It does equal not equal the amount of DE that would would fit in a 1 lb coffee can. About 1-1/3 to 1-1/2 1 lb coffee cans would fill the Hayward scoop. 5 lbs of DE filled a bucket to the 8 quart line. 8 quarts divided by 5 equals 1.6 quarts per pound. 1.6 x 8 = 12.8 quarts for Quad 80. That would be about 2/3 of a 5 gallon bucket if a 5 gallon bucket holds 5 gallons when filled to the brim.

I have the Hayward DE scoop. I level scoop is 1 lb of DE. It does equal not equal the amount of DE that would would fit in a 1 lb coffee can. About 1-1/3 to 1-1/2 1 lb coffee cans would fill the Hayward scoop. 5 lbs of DE filled a bucket to the 8 quart line. 8 quarts divided by 5 equals 1.6 quarts per pound. 1.6 x 8 = 12.8 quarts for Quad 80. That would be about 2/3 of a 5 gallon bucket if a 5 gallon bucket holds 5 gallons when filled to the brim.
Looks like the same type of scoop I have. And yes, about 2/3 full on 5gal bucket.

I had that problem with the tree Crud jamming up my de filter. My solution worked for me, after all the nonsense of pressure testing the vacuum lines ect...
I purchased a over size solar pool cover and a new whine up mechanism, cut the cover to exactly the correct dimension's and when ever someone is not in the pool, it's covered. When folks head out for a swim the pool is uncovered and I'm standing by with a pole skimmer to catch the tree Crud when the cover leaves the pool. For the first three hours I run the pump at 1200rpm just to make chlorine at the same time I run my Tiger Shark to catch any debris that slipped by. I've not had to backwash nor clean the de filter yet this year and pool stays very clean.....worked for me. Best of luck

Also if the solar cover is off the pool sitting in the afternoon sun I cover mine with a 4ftx18ft white poly cover otherwise the heat destroys the solar cover.

I had that problem with the tree Crud jamming up my de filter. My solution worked for me, after all the nonsense of pressure testing the vacuum lines ect...
I purchased a over size solar pool cover and a new whine up mechanism, cut the cover to exactly the correct dimension's and when ever someone is not in the pool, it's covered. When folks head out for a swim the pool is uncovered and I'm standing by with a pole skimmer to catch the tree Crud when the cover leaves the pool. For the first three hours I run the pump at 1200rpm just to make chlorine at the same time I run my Tiger Shark to catch any debris that slipped by. I've not had to backwash nor clean the de filter yet this year and pool stays very clean.....worked for me. Best of luck

Also if the solar cover is off the pool sitting in the afternoon sun I cover mine with a 4ftx18ft white poly cover otherwise the heat destroys the solar cover.
A pool cover is probably a good idea for me to be honest. These palm trees absolutely obliterate my pool. Then my neighbor has a shamel ash with small little helicopter seeds that also destroy my pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.