Losing pressure

Jul 10, 2016
Central Ma
24' AG round.
When filter is initially turned on the return pressure in pool is fabulous. Shortly after it loses it's punch.
Gauge says still 12-15 psi. But definitely not pushing water into pool at that. It moves water, but not strong.
I've tightened all connections. Siliconed the hose ends. I'm at a loss. Can't figure out where air is getting in. I'm guessing it's on the exit of filter if I believe pressure gauge.
Please help. I'm losing remaining sanity.?
I don't want to burn out motor.

What you describe typically implies algae in the water.
Can you post a full set of test results? How does the water look?

Please fill out a signature as it helps us help you.

Algae? Hmm. Been slowly working on getting pool ready for season. I've been vacuuming mainly on waste.
Didn't run chemistry yet. Was more concerned with lack of pressure. Chlorine has been added.

Attachments

• IMG_20190615_134403282_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190615_134403282_HDR.jpg
    786.8 KB · Views: 2
Right after you clean your filter, what is the pressure it shows?

A signature listing your pool type, volume, equipment etc would be very helpful.

I moved the information to your Signature.
What filter type do you have? Sand, DE, Cartridge?

So after you clean the filter the pressure is 12 psi and when the pump flow lessens your filter pressure is 15 psi?

Sand filter
The PSI holds fairly steady while the return to pool pressure lessens. I put my hand in pool and feel how hard the pressure it. When I turn filter on the flow is powerful, then it lessens, all while filter PSI stays same. I've tapped gauge, and it's stays.

The primary cause of water flow reducing is the filter being clogged. Have you put any pool store potions (floc, clarifier,etc) into this pool and run it through the sand filter? Have you deep cleaned the sand filter since installing in 2016?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.