Las Vegas, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
So I’ve been trying to test every day and for the last week it’s been hovering around 90 degrees. It’s looking like our pool is eating through 3ppm of chlorine per day. Our CYA is 40 and I keep the pH between 7.6 and 7.8.

I always add the chlorine after dusk. Does this seem high or about average. At this rate, I need to add one gallon per evening, probably more when the temps go into the 105-110 range.

Are there any other things that I can be doing to keep out chlorine needs lower or is this just the cost of doing business lol?

In the past we always just kept a floater full of pucks but now I know all the reasons that isn’t a great idea.

2 to 4ppm per day is the normal range of FC loss during peak season with high water temps and all day full sun. You have a big pool so more chlorine is required. You may want to raise your CYA to 50 and see if that reduces your FC loss slightly.

Reactions: BassPlayingDude
I agree with advice above. Since your weather is only going to get hotter, I would increase CYA to 50.

Target is 5. Haven’t done an overnight loss, but can tonight.
I’ll grab a bag of conditioner powder and raise the CYA up to 50 to see what that does.

Losing 3 out of 5, is 60% UV extinction which is actually quite good for a CYA of 40. As you increase CYA, you FC UV loss will drop.

I’m losing 2-3 ppm a day with a cya of 50. I’ve dumped 6 gallons since Monday. Finally woke up to over 5. I work nights so my morning is everyone else’s evening. Currently at 6.5 and will probably leave it until tonight. Hopefully it’ll stay over 5.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.