Loose pool coping help

dawydiuk

Oct 10, 2022
Phx AZ
Pool Size
20221009_154003.jpg20221009_154003.jpgWe had pavers/coping installed over the top of our coool decking 4 years ago. The coping are coming lose. It looks like they used thin set? I have a grinder and think I need to grind the thin set off the bottom/sides of paver and cool decking then score the cool decking using a 4.5" diamond blade. Is that right?

Should I use thinset to reattach, or I've seen retaining block glue reccomended in another thread here. What us best?

Anything else I need to do? It doesn't look like anything is in between coping stones, not sure if there should be...

Welcome to TFP.

What type of pool are we talking about?

You say that coping is attached to your "cool deck". Usually coping is attached to the bond beam of a gunite pool.

Is the coping part of your pool structure or deck structure?

The pool is pebble tech. The pavers and coping are attached to the cool deck(deck structure), they are just for looks. This picture helps to show the cool deck under the coping if helpful for understanding. Far left is pebble tech, then cool deck, and the coping mounted to cool deck.

20221010_105557.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.