Holly Springs, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
I've had Loop-Loc covers on my pool at my old house. At the new house, there wasn't any covers on the pool. The previous owners just ran their pool through the winter. I thought about it for awhile until I found my new puppy loved to swim even in cold water. I didn't want cold, wet dogs coming into the house in the winter. So I decided to get a cover.

My wife liked the idea of an autocover. It would keep pets out plus reduced evaporation in the spring and fall. We could toss the solar cover and reel. I got three estimates. They were all in the $13k to $14k range. Since it was an existing pool, it would require a bench across the pool deck in the deep end and tracks on each side on top of the pool deck. When I enquired about power to run it, they said you just run an extension cord across the deck. None of that had any appeal to us.

Therefore, we decided to go back to a Loop-Loc cover. Since my pool is rectangular with no side stairs, the pool company could install a standard sized 16'x40' cover. They came out on the Tuesday before Christmas to install. They got some of their signals crossed because they thought they were also winterizing the pool. I caught the guy before he could dump a bottle of algeacide in the skimmer. I told them I would close the pool. They can take their box of chemicals back to the store. After that, the install went fine. It didn't take them long to drill and set the anchors. I did get some Gizmos off of them for the pool closure. Here is a photo of the final product.

pool cover.jpg

I can’t believe that @ a $14k price tag they suggested an extension cord! 😳
I guess running an electrical line under the concrete was going to be hard and expensive. I think it was the Automatic Pools Company that told me that when I asked. It was not in their bid, nor in East Coast Covers or Covermatic estimates.

Last edited:
The deck box would have been two feet from the garden's edge at the back of the pool (opposite the seating area). Electricity could have easily be dug down in the yard, and then a small channel in the deck (later repaired).
You would have had to have an electrician do it though. My pool cover folks didn't do that either.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.