Loop loc mesh cover not draining

Aug 6, 2013
I just closed my pool in the Boston area. After a small amount of rain, there is water collecting on, and stretching, one panel of my 5 year old Loop-Loc mesh cover. The pool was drained well below the cover, so this panel is not sitting on the water surface. Has anyone seen this before where water is not passing through their cover? I'm concerned with the way that square is stretching that a single good rain storm will destroy the cover.

This spring the cover had been sitting on the water and had gotten a bit filthy. After opening I hosed it down and took a brush do it, then let it dry before folding and storing. It's possible there is still some dirt/algae clogging the mesh, so I used a brush to scrub that spot and try to push the water around, and I've tightened the straps to make the cover a bit more taut. What else should I try?

Attachments

• 20210926_080024.jpg
    20210926_080024.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 16
For my cover which is getting close to its end of life. If the
water is sitting the I use a chop vac with a long extension
wand to remove the water. The second benefit is it may remove
the dirt keeping the water from draining.

-Bigpaws

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.