Looking to potentially have an AGP built in Toronto - Advice

_Phrank_

May 15, 2022
Toronto, Canada
Been looking at options, onground as well as AGP, most likely AGP for first run.

Settled on a resin pool, saltwater, 15'x 30'/33' 54" deep, will be integrating with existing deck. Will have professionally installed, have a few enquiries out now.

Not sure if I can mention companies on here, but heard from a couple and any advice on proceeding down this pathway, experiences, "wish I had have known" would be appreciated.

Thanks and I'll continue on my reading this great resource.

Few advices about equipment:
1 - Get a VSP even if it is just 1HP. Avoid oversizing the pump. I wish I have done that.
2 - Oversize the filter. The bigger the less frequent you will have to clean it. Sand/DE/Cartridge is personal preference.
3 - Oversize the SWG. Get one rated for at least twice the size of you pool. If going bigger make sure it is a model that has finer adjustments.
4 - If you get a heater… Oversize it. Heat loss during heat is much more wasteful than a big heater. I wish I have done that.
5 - Get a good test kit, you going to need one to have a TFP. Check Test Kits Compared

Reactions: _Phrank_
I'v got a large backyard, could easily fit an Oval Resin 15'x33' 54" - which is the plan.

VSP was the plan, as well as going Salt with the Resin pool - thanks for those answers.

My big question now is who in the area can do the job well, looking at Taunton Pools, Pools Supply Canada and one of their listed installers, as well as Nice Guy Pools who I believe is out of Oshawa. Any feedback on these choices or alternatives much appreciated.

Wife and son(23) are dead set on wanting a Pool, my daughter(26) is "meh", I love the idea, I am pushing back on onground/semi or full inground as if we hate it, much more difficult to remove - this I find is a nice way to test the waters so to speak lol.

When I think of a pool, all I hear is my Father's voice, "Son, the best day of your life is finally stepping onboard that beautiful 44' sailboat you've wanted, and the next best day is when you've finally sold it", or something to that effect! :)

I was huge into salt water aquariums, I look out at my backyard, some great tree coverage (which will mean lots of leaves but some shade), and then the blistering sunlight which will hit it and the algae blooms I know that will entail.

And yes, at this point, I now know I'm overthinking this way too much....but given how much my darling wife and son are fully onboard, just wanting to get as many ideas as possible, thank the Pool Gawds for this forum!

algae blooms I know that will entail.
If you stick with TFPC it is unlikely to happens, specially with a SWG.

My big question now is who in the area can do the job well
Have you considered DIY? Not too difficult. The worst part is preparing the terrain. Assembling the pool is actually quite fun.

Reactions: _Phrank_
DIY? (looks behind myself, you talkin' to me??), my wife will not allow me to handle tools....I will always hurt myself. Give me a computer, I'll take over the world, give me a screwdriver, I'll bleed. Retired now after 30 years in tech, 58, son is 3rd year Electrician apprentice, he can help with some of the electrical work, but I've heard that before....lol!

No, I'm looking for a turnkey purchase and installation. I'll bring cold drinks and coffee, call me when I can put my bathing suit on...... :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.