Looking to buy our first pool.. Wondering about pricing and options..

That should be enough filter for the job.

As far as pads go, I think the plastic pads are OK. Even if you use a plastic pad, the base below it should be well leveled and properly supported. Perhaps level soil then several inches of class 5 or class 2 gravel that packed down as well and then placing the plastic pad on that, maybe putting edging and decorative rock around for water dispersion and appearance. Ideally, a concrete pad is best. Large enough to support all the equipment and possibly even using anchors to fix the pump in place.

I'm far from a pump expert but it is large enough for your pool and looks to be pretty efficient. My 1 HP single speed pump and 350 lb filter are enough for my pool which is nearly twice the volume. I would have gone for an even larger filter when mine needed to be replaced but it would not fit on the pad between existing equipment.

If I'm going to try the TFPC method, but I may still use the "Frog" system for when I'm on vacation, I'm assuming I'll install it but since I'm not too familiar with it, do I just not put any of the stuff inside it and the water will just flow through it unaltered?

Do NOT use the frog! It is useless and nothing but trouble! If you want to go on vacation, load up floaters with trichlor and/or SLAM the pool and cover it, or have a buddy come add bleach every other day.

OK.. Got the pool delivered yesterday! :) I'll just sell the frog system then..

I ended up getting a Hayward S270T 27" / 350lb sand filter per recommendations on the other pool forum I visit.. This thing is MASSIVE and I sure hope it's not TOO big..

Would this sand be OK for it? I hope because I checked Leslie's and they want $25 for 25lbs.. That would be $350 just for sand!

Thanks

That price is for zeolite, not regular pool sand. I bought their 50 lb bag plus 3 40 lb bags of salt for about $30 this weekend. Don't have the receipt in front of me, sorry. I looked on their site just now and can't find normal pool sand, but they have it there if you ask.

Can someone help with all I'll need to connect the filter/pump to each other and the pool? Since I got them seperate from the pool package I didn't get any connections..

The filter / pump came with no hoses or connections.. The filter also didn't come with a gauge.. I'm not 100% what all I should get in order to hook all this up..

Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Argh!! Getting pool installed today. Not sure if this dude is right or not but I must have threw away the "Sand Shield" (piece of cardboard that appears to hold the pipe in place as you fill it with sand)?

He says I need that before I fill it with sand.. Is that right??

Yes it stops the sand from going in the center tube. You can block that off with something and fill maybe plastic and a rubber band? but fill slowly and just a little bit, then add some water and fill the rest or you can break the fingers at the bottom if you are aggressive.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.