Looking to add some automation to my equipment

thatguyAZ

Nov 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Attached is a picture of my current pool setup. I currently have a 14,000 gallon pool and as you can see it is pretty basic in it's setup. I have a little rock waterfall that is on my valve, returns on another valve, and then I have the valves for skimmer/main drain. I have Jandry pop-up in-floor cleaners, and an multi-color light (but don't know what brand)

Here's what I would like to do with the system and I'm looking into so suggestions (for cheap) that I can do the things that I want.
  • I'd like to be able to schedule my pump to run at different times and different speeds while cleaning
  • I'd like the waterfall to run at certain times to keep the water in the bank chlorinated and for ambiance
  • I'd like to be able to use the system on my wifi, pc, cell
  • I'd also like to be able to turn on the light from the wifi
  • Lastly I'd like to add tanks and pumps to have liquid chlorine and acid added to the pool
So I realize that I would need to get actuators to change the valve to activate the waterfall. So being that I want to do this piecemeal (read I don't want to pay thousands now to get this). Can someone suggest some components that can make this come together. I also am not locked into any brand, though I do have Pentair equipment now. Here are the things that I've looked into, but don't know if these are good or if there is a certain way I should go.

• I bought an Intelliconnect (though I haven't hooked it up)
  • On Offerup someone near me has an IntelliChem that I've been eyeing
  • I've also seen a couple EasyTouch 4, 8, and Intelliconnects modules for cheap (but don't know what I need)
Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 2021-07-08 18.46.45.jpg
    2021-07-08 18.46.45.jpg
    746.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 2021-07-08 18.46.55.jpg
    2021-07-08 18.46.55.jpg
    672.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 2021-07-08 18.47.01.jpg
    2021-07-08 18.47.01.jpg
    758.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 2021-07-08 18.47.07.jpg
    2021-07-08 18.47.07.jpg
    496.5 KB · Views: 16
You have purchased the Intelliconnect system. Just curious why you have not hooked it up. I am not familiar with it but did look at the manual and it seems to do much of what you wish.

The Intelliconnect does not directly control actuators. You would need to hack together some circuitry using one of the high voltage relays to control the waterfall.

The Intelliconnect only has 2 high voltage relays. Controlling LC and acid pumps and the waterfall actuator needs 3 relays.

The Intelliconnect does not work with the IntelliChem.

The reason I have not installed the intelliconnect is because, after chatting with some people they stated the intelliconnect would not work.

@ajw22 would EasyTouch 4 work to do what I want then? Can't that control four devices?

EasyTouch should do what you want but I believe you'll need to add ScreenLogic in order to control remotely which is an additional cost. Intellicenter (not to be confused with IntelliConnect) comes with it and is a newer solution.

Ok so I ended up buying a EasyTouch 8 board for $30, but it had to sell it because it didn't have a firmware high enough to support screenlogic :(. Ended up with an Intellitouch i9+3 board, a Intellivalve, Hayward GVA-24, and a Screenlogic (most expensive of the pieces by FAR).

So now here is where I run into problems with programming. Can someone help me with how to program this, with the understanding that I do not have a indoor remote or any way to access programming except my computer/cell phone. I can't seem to get the actuators to move where/when I want them to. For instance I have a water feature, when on "Pool" or "Floor Cleaner" mode I don't want the waterfall valve open. However sometimes now it is running during the Pool and Floor cleaner modes randomly. I would also like to set it up so that the buttons pressed on the Intellicenter do things like turn on the lights, start the pump, and open the valve to the Actuator...

Lastly I have no idea what type of light is in my pool, just that it displays colors and the Crud remote I have for it has lots of buttons. How do I find out what type I have or set up the functionality to set the color from the Intellitouch?

This is what I currently have:
Circuits.pngEquipment.pngIntelliflo.png

Ok I think I have it setup to to where it is working and the schedules are running and the valves are moving to the correct placement but I have a couple questions.
  • I don't have anything programmed in AUX 2. How do I make it so that AUX2 turns on the Feature Circuit Water Feature? So that my wife/kids/friends can start the water feature without the Screenlogic app?
  • Out on the panel the light is blinking that I need to check inside panel. I don't have an inside panel and screenlogic is not showing any alerts/issues. Is this something I need to look into or is it just because I don't have indoor screen?
  • Is there a way to program a certain number of off/on for a non pentair light?
Here is current setup now:
Circuits2.png

Equipment2.pngIntelliflo2.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.