Looking into air heat pump for use in Ireland!

Wyn

Jun 27, 2021
Ireland
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all.
Been running our Intex 15’ prism above ground pool for two years now. With the climate in Ireland the pool is usually a chilly 20c little one still goes in with wetsuit but want to get it up to a more comfy 26c
Question for anyone based where daytime temps are normally low to mid 20c is do air heat pumps work that well to boost the 3000 gallons of water ? I am looking at an initial cost of €800 for the unit and then running costs on top (we have very expensive electric in ireland). Solar is no good we don’t get enough good sunny days and the initial Bestway heater I bought is too expensive to keep going and doesn’t heat the pool enough.
anyone using an air heat pump might give me some advice before I purchase one please.
cheers Wyn

Do you have natural gas there or can you get it? That would be the best and cheapest way to heat a pool :)
No gas I’m afraid the household heating is kerosene oil. I did consulted with a plumber mate but he reckoned it would cost more to build and run a heater using the kerosine boiler because the volume is so large compared to hone heating systems.
I would buy the air heat pump once I know they work well enough in our part of the world.

I wish I could help more... I know the new ones work better at lower temps but I have no idea how well...

Reactions: Wyn
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.