Looking for XPS foam panels in central Florida. Please help

Mar 28, 2012
We're getting ready to setup our 16x48 summer waves pool. I have been checking everywhere for the XPS foam panels and have not been able to locate. We are about 45 minutes from Orlando in Titusville. I've checked with the big box stores and no luck. Thinking about using the anti-fatigue mats from Harbor Freight but figured the panels would be easier. If anyone knows of where I can get these please let me know.

Try a more general search such as "foam insulation board" and see what you find. Make sure to get good tape. Tape it using 3 pieces each. One right in the middle the other two on either side to keep it secure.

@kblake74
https://www.homedepot.com/b/Buildin...ducts&storeSelection=2207,2211,2217,2216,2218
Hope that helps! ☺️

Edit w/follow-up: Once I got on PC, there is some of the R-5 (1") instock in the Orlando stores, but not your local store. They might be able to request it for you though :)
Model # 20WE Internet #207179253 Store SKU #1001965217
owens-corning-foam-board-insulation-20we-64_145.jpg
FOAMULAR 150 1 in. x 4 ft. x 8 ft. R-5 Scored Square Edge Rigid Foam Board Insulation Sheathing

Last edited:
@kblake74
https://www.homedepot.com/b/Buildin...ducts&storeSelection=2207,2211,2217,2216,2218
Hope that helps! ☺️

Edit w/follow-up: Once I got on PC, there is some of the R-5 (1") instock in the Orlando stores, but not your local store. They might be able to request it for you though :)
Model # 20WE Internet #207179253 Store SKU #1001965217
owens-corning-foam-board-insulation-20we-64_145.jpg
FOAMULAR 150 1 in. x 4 ft. x 8 ft. R-5 Scored Square Edge Rigid Foam Board Insulation Sheathing
Thanks, the only stuff I can find is the 2' pieces. I called a local construction supply store and the have the Dow blue xps board, but they want $20/sheet.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well darn. I guess I'll keep looking. Thanks
Depending on how quick you need it, I would take this to your local home depot, Store SKU #1001965217 - FOAMULAR 150 1 in. x 4 ft. x 8 ft. R-5 Rigid Foam Board Insulation.... and see how soon they would have stock (and compare the 1/2" price, if that's thick enough) :)

Reactions: kblake74
Another option would be eps foam board. It's slightly less dense, but also cheaper. Home Depot may have it (once side will have aluminum foil. The brand is R-Tech.
Once the pool is filled, it will do everything it's supposed to do. You need to be a little more careful walking on it during installation. (Kneeling on it may dimple it a bit).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.