Looking for suggestions on a potential problem.

Jun 21, 2011
Tecumseh, OK
Seeing several threads about rusted out walls.
This is what keeps me paranoid about our pool. The liner doesn't have to have a leak to be a problem. With a beaded liner there are gaps between the bead reciever where water can get in between the wall and liner and it has no where to really go.
20160617_130826_zpsiyseqnkd.jpg

Any normal swimming and splashing gets water up over the bead and it has no where to go but in these gaps.
I've been spraying silicone and wd-40 in them to try and help protect the wall but through some of the bigger gaps I'm starting to see some surface rust.

Thinking about putting some silicone over these gaps where the bead reciever buts together. I'm thinking that it would at least prevent a large majority of the water from finding its way in there and rusting out the wall.

Thoughts? Would running silicone all around the top of the bead as well as those gaps be a good idea or no?

Thanks Kim. In my head that is the best thing I can think of to prevent unwanted water from finding its way in there.

I did already go around the pool and put clear rtv silicone over the gaps. I just used a plastic knife that I cut the end off of to form and angled edge and plastered the silicone smooth over the joints.

I'm highly thinking I want to go ahead and run a bead of it all around the top of the bead and the reciever. Even when a liner replacement will be required I don't feel like it should be too much of a hassle to just score the silicone and remove the bead from the channel. Pretty sure the left over silicone can just be scraped off or it might even just pull off. Who knows.

It all sounds like a good idea to me. Was just wanting some other insight on whether it was a good idea or not.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.