LifeTime Supporter
Jun 4, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello. I need some help from the community here if possible.
I need to get a Pentair Globrite Light Body sent to me. It does not need to be functioning. In fact, I'm not sure why anyone would want to send me a functioning Globrite, because they're expensive. (They also aren't likely to be functioning for very long, lol). So, if you have recently or will soon be replacing a globrite light and are willing to ship the broken one to me, I would be glad to pay shipping for you to do so. I do not need the wire, just the light, so feel free to clip the wire as short as possible and ship it as cheap as possible. Also, I really only need the lens, so if you're up to hack-sawing it off (without damaging either side), that's fine too. I just wouldn't ask anyone to do that unless they wanted to.
For the record, I would like to take this opportunity to say that these lights are complete trash and if you're building a new pool, RUN...don't walk away from Pentair Globrites.
Thanks for any help and I have provided a couple of pics to show what I need.

Amazon Link to Light

globrite.PNG20230610_141625.LARGE.jpeg20230610_141617.LARGE.jpeg

Thank you. The seller is certainly proud of his broken light. LoL. Not as proud as Pentair is with their pricing, but still proud. I sent him a message with an offer if it doesn't sell. I don't need the lens that bad.
I do appreciate you giving me the link though. For some reason, ebay didn't cross my mind.

Thank you. The seller is certainly proud of his broken light. LoL. Not as proud as Pentair is with their pricing, but still proud. I sent him a message with an offer if it doesn't sell. I don't need the lens that bad.
I do appreciate you giving me the link though. For some reason, ebay didn't cross my mind.
Lol, he is the least proud, there are several others in the ~100 range. Given that pentair wants ~150 for just a cable , it's not outside of "pool part" pricing 😳

Reactions: keetman
Lol, he is the least proud, there are several others in the ~100 range. Given that pentair wants ~150 for just a cable , it's not outside of "pool part" pricing 😳

Fair enough. I will admit my ignorance here, but not sure what is really user servicable on them. My broken ones were a mess. I never thought to sell them on ebay. I just chucked them. I did save the cord in case I needed them for what ever. I am even growing tired of looking at them though.

Again, thank you.

Reactions: mknauss
The cords are 18/2 and make good light duty extension cords. I've used them for cafe lights as well as led garage lights. They say nothing is serviceable inside though they same the same about the intellivalves and that has been proven wrong

Last edited:
Reactions: keetman

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hello. I need some help from the community here if possible.
I need to get a Pentair Globrite Light Body sent to me. It does not need to be functioning. In fact, I'm not sure why anyone would want to send me a functioning Globrite, because they're expensive. (They also aren't likely to be functioning for very long, lol). So, if you have recently or will soon be replacing a globrite light and are willing to ship the broken one to me, I would be glad to pay shipping for you to do so. I do not need the wire, just the light, so feel free to clip the wire as short as possible and ship it as cheap as possible. Also, I really only need the lens, so if you're up to hack-sawing it off (without damaging either side), that's fine too. I just wouldn't ask anyone to do that unless they wanted to.
For the record, I would like to take this opportunity to say that these lights are complete trash and if you're building a new pool, RUN...don't walk away from Pentair Globrites.
Thanks for any help and I have provided a couple of pics to show what I need.

Amazon Link to Light

View attachment 504157View attachment 504159View attachment 504158
Do you still need a old Globrite?

Do you still need a old Globrite?
No, I was able to get in touch with someone that provided me with several of them. Thank you for checking and reaching out, I truly appreciate it. Also thanks to the others who tried to help me. The only bad thing now is that it's November in Ohio and my pool is covered with a green tarp of sadness.

Here's to Spring 2024!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.